Wednesday, April 18, 2012

WIPW: Work-In-Progress Wednesday


What am I working on this week? Well, i'm so glad you asked! ;) I am working on another gift set! This time it's in blues. However, on the diagonal pot holder I ran out of one of the threads and I just haven't gone to pick up some more yet. I was just at A.C.Moore and they didn't have this color, so i'm thinking I have to make a run to Michaels again to pick it up. It would be nice if all of the stores carried all of the colors.




So while i'm in my "waiting to pick up more" stage... and it's only because I know if I run to the store i'll be picking up WAY more than I really needed. I started the knitted dishcloth that'll go with this pot holder.




And I added more squares to my granny square afghan!

I really cannot wait to get this all completed! I only have a couple more squares that I can add on, so I need to start asking a few more people for some squares. I know a few ladies at work, and there's always my aunt and grandmother too.







I am linking this bad boy up over at Tami's WIP, Ambassador Crochet, Yarn Along and The Crochet Way.

So, what are you currently working on?


22 comments:

  1. Your granny squares make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I love that they're all from different people. I don't think i'll ever be able to pin point who made which one, but it's nice knowing my friends and family made it for me.

      Delete
  2. I love the neat circle loop at the top of the pot holder, all your projects look great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's just a 1 in. ring.... but I had one heck of a time finding them! I couldn't find them anywhere, until I hit up Michael's sewing section.

      Delete
  3. Your granny square afghan is going to be so pretty. I love how colorful it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When people ask me what colors yarn they should use when they make a square for me, I always tell them to make whatever their hearts desire! I love the different patterns and colors!

      Delete
  4. Your granny square afghan is looking very nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Your square looks very lovely in there :)

      Delete
  5. Love your kitchen set! I just picked up some cotton yarn yesterday and am itching to use it.
    I have a lot of things in the works and will be posting them to my blog.
    Have a great day :-)
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun! I'm in love with cotton yarn, I never thought I would be... but I really enjoy working with it!

      Delete
  6. Oh, your granny square afghan is looking good! You've got a fun variety of squares going on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm loving the color combos people are coming up with!

      Delete
  7. Grandma's favourite dishcloth pattern is my favourite too! It'll make a nice set paired up with your pot holder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of two things I have ever knitted!! Someday I might venture out further into the world of knitting.

      Delete
  8. Love your granny square blanket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I want to get more squares from people! Even though I still have a few to still add on.

      Delete
  9. the first cotton dishclothes that I made were knitted and looked like what you are doing. I wish I still had the pattern. I crochet mine now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you click the link for the knitted dishcloth, I posted the pattern. :)

      Delete
  10. I LOVE the granny squares! I followed you from WIPW. Here is my latest project: http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2012/04/crafting-on-with-needle-and-thread.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello I from Venezuela, I love knitted croche , don´t write englihs very well but I try , sorry !... yours grannys squares is very lovely ...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...