Saturday, April 7, 2012

Granny Squares from Friends

I started this a few months ago with a group of ladies I am with in a support group. We swapped granny squares with each other. Since then I have also grabbed a couple of squares from a lady at work, as well as another crochet blogger.

So far, this is what I have completed.


It's coming along very slowly, and it'll take me a long time to gather squares from other people before the whole blanket is complete. This is going to be an ongoing work in progress :) Probably for a long time! But don't worry, I will not post it every Wednesday, only when I've made some progress on it.

3 comments:

  1. what a lovely idea. you'll end up with something completely unique that you cant predict.
    crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been involved in a granny swap with Debi over at Dly's Hooks and Yarns. She asked for 10 participants each round. She sends one 6in square to each of us and we all send her one. We are on our 3rd round. She planned it to go to 6 rounds, but she seems to have quite a few squares already! If you wanted to start something like this, I would participate. I already have 3 squares towards a blanket!

    Renee :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually that all blue one in the lower left hand corner is from Debi! When I noticed she was doing it, I knew that I had to sign up to add to my current collection.

      I've been thinking about doing it here as well... but I'm not sure if I want to throw my address out there to a bunch of people yet. I'll have to think about it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...