Wednesday, April 25, 2012

WIPW: Work-In-Progress Wednesday


What's the newest thing I am working on right now? My knitting! I'm kind of really enjoying it... although crocheting will still be my #1 BFF. Anyways, I am working on a small little baby blanket to put into a memory box. I donate a memory box to a local hospital in my daughters name every August 19th (Day of Hope). In my memory box, I always include a handmade blanket. Usually it is white, for non-gender specific baby. However, I think this year I want to make at least 2 boxes. One for a boy, and one for a girl. Then if I get around to it, i'll make a white one as well.

I figured I'd put my knitting skills to use and try my hand at a basketweave blanket. It's coming along rather slowly. I've only been able to do one or two rows a night... and there has been no time for crocheting. So I might have to put the knitting down for awhile so I can get back to my gift sets.

Anyways, this is what I have completed so far.

Since I am still borrowing knitting needles, I am working with a circular needle that is kind of too small..... but it works! Hopefully soon I can see some actual progress being made on it. Right now it's so hard to see what it will actually look like, and if i'm doing it correctly.

I am linking this bad boy up over at Tami's WIP, Ambassador Crochet, Yarn Along and The Crochet Way.




8 comments:

  1. I really like that blue color. And what a nice thing to put together a memory box for the hospital. I'm sure that they appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea. Love the blue colour.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're enjoying knitting! I am in a reverse situation and am going to give crochet an attempt. Wish me luck...

    The memory boxes are a very sweet and compassionate gesture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that you are expanding your crafting repertoire! and for a good cause! It's looking great :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness, that melts my heart. What a beautiful thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really is a wonderful thing to do, in honor of your daughter. The color is beautiful!

    I followed you from WIP Wednesdays and here is my WIP: http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2012/04/crafting-along-with-needle-and-thread.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you do a memory box in honor of your daughter. Can I ask what else is put in it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The link for the Day Of Hope in this post will take you to my other blog where I have pictures of a couple boxes I have made in the past. The first year along with the blanket, I also included a disposable camera, stuffed elephant with a special quote, candle and holder, hat and a picture frame.
      The second one I made just had the blanket, frame, candle and holder, and a stuffed bear.
      I'd like to include a hat and booties for my next ones... I just know how it is to go to a regular appointment, to only be shipped straight to the hospital and have nothing that you had planned for!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...