Wednesday, March 7, 2012

WIPW: Work-In-Progress Wednesday - Grannies and Ripples + Knitting


First thing is first... the Grannies and Ripples afghan!

BTW - My kitty says "hello"!!

I'm getting there, I swear!! This week I worked on 3 rows of grannies, 2 that I attached and one that will be attached shortly. I just need to add 6 more rows {3 verigated and 3 green} up at the top, then i'll add the last row of grannies {which are identical to the grannies at the bottom}.

I'm not sure how much longer I'll have to go after those grannies. Right now i'm anticipating 3 rows of green and 3 of the verigated on each end, and i'll stop it there. I'll border it with the verigated after. I'm wondering if I buckle down and stop starting other projects, if I can complete this afghan by next week!



I am also working on my knitting, by making more dish cloths!

I am such a slow knitter I could never imagine working on something larger than this! However, I do need to purchase some longer needles. When I reach the max of 42 sts on the needle, it's really pressing the luck to get them all to stay on.

But at least i'm getting better than I was in late December when I got the needles!



I am linking this bad boy up over at Tami's WIP, Ambassador Crochet, and Yarn Along.

I love the idea of having a link up of my own, because I love looking at others projects. So please feel free to link up with me too! No need to grab a button or say you did.


29 comments:

  1. Stephanie - you can still join my granny square swap if you want - just let me know. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say I think your grannies and ripples blanket is great. This is the first time I have seen this done. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to finish it up!

      Delete
  3. Your knitting looks very nice - and cotton really isn't the easiest thing to knit with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far cotton is the only thing i've knitted with. I need to learn to make Christmas stockings... so i'm going to have to venture out soon.

      Delete
  4. Your blanket is beautiful! I've never seen that pattern before, looks really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Grannies and ripples are my two favorite things!

      Delete
  5. Looks like you are making great progress on your projects. I found your blog through Debi Y. Looking forward to following your posts. Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now it's looking like it might be a month to finish that afghan. Which really isn't bad!

      Delete
  6. I love seeing this blanket every week! I think I'll miss your posts about it when you finally finish. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recently bought more yarn to start another afghan after I finish this though. Not sure what kind of afghan i'll make, but I can figure that out later!

      Delete
  7. Your Ripples and Grannnies is gorgeous. And your knitting looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's nothing short of annoying when the needles aren't long enough; I'd invest in a longer set straight away! I still LOVE these grannys assembled between the ripples. It's so nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far i've been lucky and haven't dropped a stitch with the short needles... but i'm just waiting for the day and for the panic to set in. Ha ha!

      Delete
  9. I love your granny and ripple blanket. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think it'll be a sad day when I give it away as a gift.

      Delete
  10. Knitting squares and rectangles is about how much I can do too. It takes me so much longer to knit. I'm working on an afghan that I'm been trying to complete since 2009. When it's finally done I will gladly share it via your linky. (found you via Debi's Hooks and Yarns)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see the finished project of your afghan! I don't think i'll ever be ready to venture out to a knitting project that big! Haha

      Delete
  11. I love, love, love your afghan. I think I'm going to have to add one to my growing "I've got to try this" list.

    (found you via Small Things)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I did link the website to where I found the pattern, even though I had to change a few things around. When I finish I might post my modified pattern.

      Delete
  12. That blanket is GORGEOUS! Well done. I prefer crochet to knitting as well, but that looks like quite the adventurous undertaking. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love making afghans. I've made a few in the past and always gave them away as gifts. This one will be a gift as well, even though I still haven't decided to who I'll be giving it to.

      Delete
  13. WOW!!! You made tons of progress on the blanket. Great job. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those added granny rows really made a huge difference! I'm really hoping to get this finished by next week.

      Delete
  14. the ripple afghan has really come along! it is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Now that it's getting longer I can really picture it coming together and what the final project will look like!

      Delete
  15. I just looked all over the site you gave for the original pattern - and found nothing.

    Please advise!! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...