Friday, March 2, 2012

FOF: Finished Object Friday - Diaper Cover and Coffee Sleeve


TGIF! I haven't been crocheting a lot this week, and so I only finished two small things.


I already showed you the diaper cover. I used a modified version of this pattern. I haven't finished the little hat yet though. Hopefully by next week I'll have that completed.


I also finished this coffee sleeve. I am starting to make some gifts to give to colleagues at the end of the school year as well as the start of some gifts to some family members for Christmas. {Woo hoo for early starts!} So this little coffee sleeve is the first of it's kind. :) I'm think this disposable cup, sleeve and a k-cup would be perfect for some colleagues. Maybe a dish cloth or hot pad too. :)



I'm linked up over at Tami's.

Did you finish anything this week. Please feel free to link up with me! Any kind of craft, just let me see what you made!



9 comments:

  1. Cute idea to include a Kcup with your coffee sleeve. I think that will be a great gift! I have a huge pile of crochet cotton lying around. I should get to making some of these sleeves. :)

    p.s. Just joined your site as a follower! I'm happy to find another crocheting, blogging teacher out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone is loving the k-cups at our school right now since we just got a nice keurig in the staff room.

      I'm thinking a dish cloth, stuffed in the bottom of the cup, with a k-cup sitting on top. :) I think it'll be a cute little gift. I just need to get started on it! Haha!

      Delete
    2. Cute coffee cozy/sleeve. Is that your own pattern? We make coffee the old fashion and cheaper way, a pot not a cup at a time; but those units (despite being expensive) are really catching on. Maybe over time the price will come down a bit. Great gift idea!

      Delete
  2. Your coffee cup cozy is SO cute. I love the blue green color combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a verigated that goes along with it, but i'm making a dish cloth out of that... I think it'll go nice with the gift set.

      Delete
  3. Your cozy idea sounds like a great gift for coworkers. I'd love to get k-cups, especially in some of those lovely cocoa flavours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think i'm going to give them tea right now, mainly because it'll be a few months before I give it to them.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing! I'm going to try that diaper cover pattern out now, as I have a dinosaur hat that I made for a friend, and it needs something to go with it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pattern that I got the link from didn't come out the same as the way I made it. I ended up with less stitches than she said I was supposed to have... but I had no idea where I went wrong. But it still looks pretty decent to me.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...