Saturday, March 3, 2012

Towel Holder

I made a very simple change to the Towel Holder pattern. One that I am so happy about because it makes the piece look a lot cleaner.

A sc border.

So stinking simple. But doesn't it look ten times better?? I think so!

I also used a bigger hair tie as well as 3 strands of the size 10 cotton yarn. The red/pink one that I posted before was made with a smaller hair tie and only the 2 strands of the yarn. The blue/green/beige one pictured here is so clean and sharp! I'm very happy with how it came out.

Click here to view the pattern for the towel holder.

Pin It


  1. No way! I tried your crochet pattern this weekend and added a sc border to mine! :) (I did sl stitches around the ring.) Here's my blogged bit about it:

  2. We are producing 100% cotton yarn of several counts ranging from 10/s up to 40/s for knitting and weaving.
    cotton yarn from Pakistan
    cotton carded yarn exporter in Pakistan

  3. Love this tired of picking up towels that have fallen on the floor�� This pattern solves that problem and is simple and quick to make�� I went a step further and added a sc backstitch around the top and left the circle with the original sc trim...was pleased with the result.

  4. Stephanie -- Would this pattern work using a sport-weight mercerized cotton like Sinfoni, Patons Grace, or Tahki's Cotton Classic Lite? Seems to me it would save the trouble of using several strands of size 10 thread (although that is probably more readily available in stores). Also, I'd love to make these for myself and family members (and thank you for a clear pattern!), but what size is the hair tie you use? What if I wanted a larger ring size without buying something pricey like a steel ring from a leathergoods hobby store? Clothesline would need to have the ends melted together first. Any other ideas for, say, a 3.5 - 4" ring? Thanks! :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...