Wednesday, July 18, 2012

WIPW: Work-In-Progress Wednesday




This weekend I spent some fun in the sun! So I haven't been working on much, but I did go to "stitch-n-bitch" last night where I started this mesh market bag.

I'm not too sure what I think of it yet. For some reason I think it's a lot wider than it needs to be. I guess we'll see when it's finished!


I'm also working on another Covered Untangled Cozy Earbuds, this time with a sock/fingering yarn, size 3 knitting needles and casting on 5 for the icord.

I am liking this one a whole lot better than the first one I made!!




I am not listening to any books right now, but I am reading Exiled by J.R. Wagner. It's actually a free book available on goodreads, I tried to download it for my nook, and it was $5 from Barnes and Nobel! But I was able to download it straight from the goodreads site for free. I'm all about the free!! Which is why I get half of my ebooks from the public library.






What have you worked on this week? You can always link up with me!
I am linking this bad boy up over at Tami's WIP, Ambassador Crochet, Yarn Along, Hooking on Hump Day and SusanD's.





10 comments:

  1. I have seen loads of those 'untangled' projects lately. I love them but my boys turned their noses up when I said I wanted to do it to ours. So tangled they remain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found a black and grey sock yarn that I used for my boys. I was shocked when they agreed, but they really like them.

      Delete
  2. I like the covered earbud wires - it's a good idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them! They're so simple too. I have not had an issue with tangled wires since I made them.

      Delete
  3. Your Untangled is beginning to look great! I've just finished mine and I'm so in love - very handy and so pretty :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love the Untangled! I want to see about buying earbuds in bulk so I can start making some as Christmas gifts for my niece and nephews.

      Delete
  4. I wish there was a pattern to crochet the Untangled! It's such a cool project. I think your market bag is awesome (you did that in one night?!!) You want it to be generous in size don't you? Can't wait to see it finished.
    Free books are the best - everyone I have on my Kindle was free!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found a you tube video on how to crochet an i-cord.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjXsRkr1oWo

      I'm not sure where would be the best place to put your wire, after the 1st or 2nd loop. But it could be worth a try sometime!

      Delete
  5. the untangled is lovely - I really like the yarn you chose. Finishing a whole market bag in one go? I like how it turned out. How will you be closing it? Drawstring?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I bought the yarn to try to attempt a sock, and I stopped that right away. I'm not ready for socks yet.

      The market bag isn't done yet, I still have to add the top border and handles. It should look really nice when it's done! Even though I still think it's too wide.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...