Saturday, February 11, 2012

Granny Squares for Cancer

Hello my lovely followers! I know there are not many of you, but I was wondering if any of you knew of a place I could send granny squares? Then this person would turn around and make then into an afghan to kids with cancer?

Not that long ago I found Share A Square.



I fell in love with the idea! However, I found this site a few days after her last request date. Then yesterday, she sent out a message saying that she's done making the blankets for good.

I still want to do this though, I want to make squares for kids with cancer! Do you know of another site or person who is doing the same thing? I found other sites that are making blankets for other reasons, but this specific reason really touched my heart.

Please say you know of a site. Because honestly, I'm thinking of having people start sending squares to me and i'll just make the blankets!

1 comment:

  1. hi! I just discovered your blog today :-)
    that said, I have a suggestion : do you know Mrs Twins and her SIBOL project?
    she accepts squares from all over the world and joins the squares to make blankets for the elderly and some other donations. It is a fun group, Mrs. Twins is very sweet and she would be thrilled to receive squares from you
    http://www.sunshineinternationalblanketsoflove.blogspot.com/

    they are also on Ravelry

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...