Tuesday, June 12, 2012

10" Square

Who is the biggest project starter in the world!??! Well, I'm sure there are others worse than I am, but I have to be up there on the list.

I started a new afghan. It's actually a practice one, before I make the one that will really mean something special to me. I actually kind of want to make it a secret new project too... until i'm at least part way finished with it.

But, in this new afghan I do have a new square! It's a 10" square, one of the biggest I have ever made.



Isn't it beautiful!?? I really hope it looks great with the rest of the blanket once I am finished with it!

To make this 10" Square you need a size H hook.

To Start: Ch 5, join with sl st to form a ring.

Round 1: Ch 3, 15 dc in ring, join with sl st in 3rd ch of beginning ch 3.

Round 2: Ch 4, (dc in next dc, ch 1) 15 times, join with sl st in 3rd ch of beginning ch 4.

Round 3: Sl st in next ch 1 sp. Ch 1, sc in same sp, (ch 3, sc in next ch 1 sp) 15 times, ch 3, sl st in beginning sc. {16 ch 3 sps}

Round 4: Sl st in next ch 3 sp, ch 1, sc in same sp, (ch 3, sc in next ch 3 sp) 15 times, ch 3, sl st in beginning sc. {16 ch 3 sps}

Round 5: Ch 1, sc in same st. (3 sc in next ch 3 sp, sc in next sc) 15 times, 3 sc in last ch 3 sp, join with sl st in beginning sc. {64 sc}

Round 6: Ch 4, (dc, ch 2, dc, ch 1, dc) in same st, *(ch 2, sk next sc, hdc in next sc, {ch 2, sk 3 sc, sc in next sc}twice, ch 2, sk 3 sc, hdc in next sc, ch 2, sk next sc, {dc, ch 1, dc, ch 2, dc, ch 1, dc} in next sc.)*twice, ch 2, sk next sc, hdc in next sc, {ch 2, sk 3 sc, sc in next sc}twice, ch 2, sk 3 sc, hdc in next sc, ch 2, sk next sc, join with sl st in 3rd ch of beginning ch 4.

Round 7: St st in next sts until ch 2 sp in corner, ch 3, (dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in same sp, *(dc in next dc, dc in next ch 1 sp, dc in next dc, {2 dc in next ch 2 sp, dc in next st}4 times, 2 dc in next ch 2 sp, dc in next dc, dc in next ch 1 sp, dc in next dc, {2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc} in corner ch 2 sp)*twice, dc in next dc, dc in next ch 1 sp, dc in next dc, {2 dc in next ch 2 sp, dc in next st}4 times, 2 dc in next ch 2 sp, dc in next dc, dc in next ch 1 sp, dc in next dc, join with sl st in 3rd ch of beginning ch 3.

Round 8: Sl st in next dc and into ch 2 sp, ch 1, (sc, ch 2, sc) in same sp, *(sc in back loop only of each dc across, {sc, ch 2, sc} in next ch 2 sp)*twice, sc in back loop only of each dc across, join with sl st in beginning sc.

Round 9: Sl st into corner ch 2 sp, ch 1, (sc, ch 2, sc) in same sp, *(ch 3, sk 2 sc, sc in next sc)8 times across, ch 3, sk 2 sc, (sc, ch 2, sc) in corner ch 2 sp)*twice, (ch 3, sk 2 sc, sc in next sc)8 times across, ch 3, sk 2 sc, join with sl st in 3rd ch of beginning sc.

Round 10: Sl st into corner ch 2 sp, ch 3, (dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in same sp, *(3 dc in each of next 9 ch 3 sps, {2dc, ch 2, 2 dc} in corner ch 2 sp)*twice, 3 dc in each of the next 9 ch 3 sps, join with sl st in 3rd ch of beginning ch 3.

Round 11: Sl st in next dc and into corner ch 2 sp, ch 3, (dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in sampe corner sp, *({ch 1, sk next dc, dc in next dc}15 times, ch 1, sk next dc, {2 dc, ch 2, 2dc} in cornerch 2 sp)*twice, {ch 1, sk next dc, dc in next dc}15 times, ch 1, sk next dc, join with sl st in 3rd ch of beginning ch 3.

Round 12: Sc in each st and each ch 1 sp around, with 3 sc in each corner ch 2 sp, finish off.




The original inspiration came from YarnCrazy. The one she made was a 12" square, and I didn't want one that big. So I tweaked it to make it a 10" square.



12 comments:

  1. Very pretty square - it's light and lacy. Thanks for sharing your pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope it works well with the blanket I'm making.

      Delete
  2. So lovely! I am currently collecting 10" patterns, so thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I'm sure it will look great when it's done. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who is constantly starting new projects!
    Blessings,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to count up all of the projects I have started and not finished.... i'm at 6 right now!! I also have at least 3 other projects going on in my head too.

      Delete
  4. I've enjoyed your blog so much, I have a surprise for you. Check out the post for June 12 on my blog sssinthesun.blogspot.com.
    Thanks!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a great looking square Stephanie, thanks for sharing the pattern. Great name as well, it's mine too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did a double take when I saw your square... it looks exactly like this one from my Ravelry queue called Cygnus by Chris Simon: http://www.yarncrazy.com/cygnus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did see yours, but didn't want a 12" square. So I played around, made some changes to make it a 10". I should have linked you as my inspiration. I can do that.

      Delete
  7. I am always starting new projects!!! i CURRENTLY have four that i am working on at the same time.... this is a beautiful pattern and is going to be added to my make for christmas present list :) thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...