Wednesday, December 19, 2012

WIPW: Work-In-Progress Wednesday



I've been working on three different things. And honestly, none of them are for Christmas. I really should be finishing up my Christmas towels that I give to my family. They're quick though, once I put my mind to it.



My CAL scarf is the first thing I've been working on! It is a quick pattern, so it really shows you exactly how long I've been working on it. *cough*15minutes*cough. I should pick it up again as well.





The thing I have been obsessed about with the past few days are these mittens! I was so excited when I finally finished the one! I can see why a good friend of mine only made one mitten though. I knew I couldn't fall into that trap, so I made sure to start the second mitten right away.





And the final item I am working on is this scarf for my nephew. I know my mother said it's okay if it wasn't ready by Christmas.... but I would like to finish it by then. I don't see that happening though, not with the mitten taking over my whole life! I'm just so afraid i'm going to set it down and not pick it back up again. We shall see.


I am linking up with Tami's WIP, Ambassador Crochet, Yarn Along and SusanD's.


9 comments:

  1. Great projects! I have several in various stages of finished too. Fortunately none of them are Christmas presents because I seem to scattered to get them done in time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad I'm not the only serial starter. I don't think I could just work on one project and one project only at a time!

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean about single-mitten-syndrome. I could definitely feel some of that coming on with my last pair of gloves. I love the scarf - very "cat in the hat"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The scarf is made from the Team Spirit Red Heart yarn. My mother is trying to instill some school pride into my nephews and knew they'd both love scarves made out of their school color. And even though the rows aren't perfect, from afar they look just about perfect!

      Delete
  3. Have you seen the new mitten.. It's one mitten that is shaped for 2 hands...great for hand holding I guess..although nothing wrong with the standard 2 mittens..

    Lovely shades for the scarf and mitts..please post the f/o's..I'd love to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your projects are coming along so well!! Good for you for starting the second mitten right away!! I have several "lonely" socks because I did not do that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's great you're not worried about your Christmas deadlines and are working on 'for fun' projects in the meantime. I'm too anxious to relax about mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what kind of towels are you making for gifts? This is my first attempt at the crochet topped towels. I think they are turning out pretty well. Kind of making up my own pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry I just got back to you now. I wrote out a pattern/tutorial on the towel toppers I make.

      http://simply-crochet.blogspot.com/2011/12/towel-toppers.html

      They're the ones my grandmother used to make, and I now took over her job and started making them as well.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...