Sunday, May 20, 2012

In Need Of Baby Blankets!


2 years ago, my daughter was born still. We said hello and goodbye to her the same day.



I went to a routine checkup, to find out that my daughter no longer had a heart beat. I had nothing with me when they walked me over to the hospital, so on every August 19th, I have been donating memory boxes to local hospitals in her name. These boxes are something sweet to help families through a very difficult day.

One thing I make for the boxes are baby blankets. Even though she was born still, we still dressed her and wrapped her in a blanket that someone else made and gave to the hospital. The blanket that I was making her wasn't done yet.

Just last week, I found Mollianna's Mission. Mollianna's mother is local, and I wrote a little bit about how her mission hit me personally on my blog for my daughter.

As well as helping out families who cannot afford a headstone for their child, Mollianna's mother also makes care packages that you can sponsor. These care packages are filled with a ton of stuff! Not only do they include the little bit of comfort that I always included in my boxes, but personal care items as well. As sometimes, like in my case, you walk over to the hospital with nothing. I planned on going back to work after my appointment, not delivering my daughter.

Currently Mollianna's mothers care packages do not include a baby blanket. I've been in contact with her about including a baby blanket. I will be crocheting a bunch and donating them to her cause. The baby blankets I have made in the past are not that big, as they are often used only for newborn sized babies and sometimes even smaller. The square ones that I have made are about 2 foot by 2 foot.

Here is an example of one that I made for my box this past August.

This one below is one that I will be giving to Mollianna's mother as soon as I make a few more.




I am just mentioning this on here, because I am hoping some others may want to help out as well. I will be accepting yarn or blankets that have already been made. They can be gender specific, or gender neutral. They can be fancy, or simple. Any yarn, any color, any size. Crochet or knit! Or even if you can't do either, fleece would be perfect as well. Any other questions or specifics on where to send them... please email me at sblaisure@gmail.com.

I really appreciate all of your help!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...