Tuesday, July 10, 2012

License Plate Game






Growing up we played The License Plate Game whenever we traveled! We had a cute little mat with stickers of license plates, and whenever we found one, we'd stick the plate on the respective state. It was such a fun goal to reach all 50! I do not remember how long it took us to reach all 50 states, but we did it. And although we wanted to start over again, we could never find the same mat and stickers, or anything close to it.


Fast forward to the age of Pinterest!!
I came across The "Road Trip" Date, and her lovely template of license plates! She just crossed out the plates when she found them.... but where's the fun in that?

So, after thinking for a little while, I made a version of my own!

What you need is:
  • Card Stock
  • 8.5" x 11" shipping labels
  • Printer, where you can print b&w and color copies
  • Craft Knife
  • Pocket Folder




I actually did not have a craft knife. Well, I do... but I kind of lost it at the moment. So in my anticipation to make this game, I used a Creative Memories Custom Cutting Blades to do the cutting I needed to make. It worked just as nicely!


The very first thing you do is print the pattern from The Dating Diva's, you can find it here.



I printed a black and white copy on to the card stock, and a color copy onto the shipping label.

You then have to take the color copy, the one on the shipping label, and cut around each plate with the craft knife.



You do not need to be perfect. I cut straight lines on the top and bottom, and then on each side. If you really wanted to take your time, you can round the corners with your craft knife.... but for me, the easier the better!

You do not want to cut to where each piece falls away and you have to store them in a ziplock bag. You're cutting just so it cuts the label part, and not the part you peel away.

Cutting around all 50 license plates can be a little tedious, but it's totally worth it for all of the fun you're going to have when you travel!



Last, but not least. Place the pages in the pocket folder and store in your car! Whenever you see a license plate, have a passenger peel it off the sticker sheet and onto the card stock side! See how long it takes you to get all 50 States!!


These make a very easy gift as well! Especially since you have to buy packs of the card stock and shipping labels. Pick up the pocket folders when they go on sale for Back-To-School to make it cheaper on yourself as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...