Friday, September 21, 2012

Crochet Along Mini



This Crochet Along is a mini one, because this is a very quick and easy project! It's a simple dishcloth!



This dishcloth is a modified version of Ocean Weave Crochet Dishcloth. A friend had made this, and it ended up looking more like a placemat than a dishcloth! She sent me the link and I knew I had to modify it to make it smaller. I am nicknaming my version Tic Tac Toe Dishcloth. :) It's about 9.5" by 8".

So this is our crochet along for the moment! You can check out the pattern for it here.

I'll check to see how everyone is doing in a week, and then i'll make a reveal post on the 30th of September!

Have fun everyone!! Don't forget to join the ravelry group if you're on there! I have a discussion going for the mini CAL and the regular one!


If you instagram, use the hashtag #simplycrochetcrochetalong if you take any photos of your progress!

8 comments:

  1. I don't have time to do your afghan CAL, but this one I can do... count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try to get this done today. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am having trouble with this pattern :( On Row 1 I am left with a lot of extra chains after doing the part in brackets 2 times... am I missing something?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just went back to the pattern and see that you changed the initial starting chain from 60 (which is what I had done) to 36... that explains it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sorry about that! When I typed it out I forgot to change it from the original to the modified. I hope it works easier for you now.

      Delete
  5. I have gotten through Row 6, but am now having trouble at Row 7... doesn't seem to match up for me, as there are only 7 DCS to work into and then the Ch 2 space. Am I supposed to work the last of the 9 DC into those 2 chain spaces? That doesn't seem right to me, as it looks like that Ch 2 space is supposed to be continued all the way through the pattern. I will stop for now and wait to hear from you. Sorry to be such a pain :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not a pain! No need to worry. After row 6 you should have 10dc, ch-2 sp, 10dc, ch-2 sp, 10dc.

      Did you remember to do 2 dc in each ch sp plus a dc in the dc for row 6? It sounds to me that could have been your mistake.

      Delete
    2. Looking back at my pattern I see I forgot that part i mentioned in my last reply. That's why this CAL is good!! I'll change that right now.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...